FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 BRAZIL

As 1/2 Italian, 1/2 Brazilian from Switzerland, living in LA, I will probably be the only woman in town watching each and every game. I used to work in an emergency central in Switzerland and usually the summer is the busiest time of the year because everybody is on an adventure, unless it's world cup season. In those 2 hours of match, there is no emergency. No one needs to start their cars, no accidents, no people on the streets, no crimes, no nothing. It is the only time, where TVs are on at work places and I wouldn't be surprised if they give a break to inmates in jail to watch the games. Streets are flooded with people after every game to the point that main streets have to close. It's my favorite time to be in Europe and I am not. My mom lives in Brazil, but it's production season in Hollywood and it would not be a good idea to leave for a vacation right when I am trying to get to the next level in my career. So I am staying home, while reading my soccer fanatic families' posts on Facebook.
Unfortunately, this madness doesn't happen in Los Angeles. The sirens of ambulance, police and fire trucks don't stop for anything.

http://deportesenvivo.univision.com/

If you live in Los Angeles, Ariel Del Mundo is one who organizes events for crazy fans:

Comments

Popular Posts