Still Here - Poem

My heart is broken, but I'm still here
Your heart has spoken, I could hear 
Smiles are unspoken pain
I'm just trying to make you laugh
But then you hurt me in vain
I won't wonder why it didn't last 
Humans love the hate and hate to love with no gain
Its human to want to be loved unconditionally running in circles until it's too late 
But without creation death is my fate
Without your awareness there's no soulmate
Life is bigger than you and me
Love is bigger than in your wildest fantasies 
If you don't love life you won't see
The light, the truth as eternity 
My heart is broken but I'm still hear 
Your heart has spoken, I could hear 
We are one and yet we fight 
Mental health vs Black lives
Mother Earth vs oil pipes 
Freedom vs Human Rights 
Make America great again by separating children from illegal aliens 
Name tag, be part of a group, straw, or no straw feed the ego
Shoot some people and blame it on guns 
But it's people who kill people, who cares if MGK has a man bun 
They do what they do for fun
My heart is broken, but I'm still hear
Your hurt has spoken, I could hear
I want to save you but you'll drown me
You'll hang me on a cross and leave me to die for your sins
Call me names, fill my heart with pointy pins 
Don't you pray to me then! 
Don't you say I was your friend! 
Turning the other cheek again, because ones I loved you, I will love you till the end!
My heart is broken, but I'm still hear
Your hurt has spoken and I could hear you!

- Venus Leone | SwizzPoetry 

September 21, 2018

Comments

Popular Posts